Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hello Kitty's Grandma

I have always been a Hello Kitty lover and yet I do not know that she has a family! When Kerine asked me to make a Hello Kitty's granny, I did not know who this granny is and I googled for it. It was only then that I realised that not only is there a grandma named Margaret White, there is also grandpa Anthony White, father George White, mother Mary White and sister Mimmy White! Grandma kitty looks kind of cute with her glasses, doesn't she?


One most frequently asked question... Why doesn't Hello Kitty have a mouth?
Yuko Yamaguchi, the current official designer of Hello Kitty entertained this question when Time Magazine interviewed her: "It's so that people who look at her can project their own feelings onto her face, because she has an expressionless face. Kitty looks happy when people are happy. She looks sad when they are sad. For this psychological reason, we thought she shouldn't be tied to any emotion - and that's why she doesn't have a mouth."

I hope grandma kitty looks happy to you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment